Driver, dog given oxygen after car fire

Fire crews had to give oxygen to a motorist and a dog after being called out to a car fire on one of the Island's industrial estates.

Officers from Douglas fire station were called to Hills Meadow on Saturday afternoon, where the vehicle was well alight.

After making sure no-one was left inside the car, the team were able to put out the fire, which it's thought was caused by an electrical fault.

The driver of the vehicle and their pet dog Scruff both needed oxygen as a result of the incident.