Fire crews called out to primary school

Fire crews were called to one of the Island's primary schools on the first day of the new academic year.

A team from Peel Fire Station was sent to Foxdale School following reports of a smell of burning at around 4.45pm.

Officers used a thermal image camera to find the cause of the smell to be an overheated low voltage transformer in a ceiling void.

Staff from the Department of Education and Children were able to isolate the equipment while smoke logging was minimal.

Crews spent around 40 minutes at the scene.