Fire crews tackle tumble dryer fire

Fire crews were called to a property in Ramsey after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Firefighters were dispatched to Ellan Park just before 10.30pm to tackle the fire, which was confined to a detached garage.

The team needed breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera to reach the tumble dryer, before using a hose and dry powder to put the flames out.

Officers spent around an hour at the scene checking for fire damage and isolating the gas and electric to the garage.

The fire service is urging all people who use tumble dryers to keep the filters clean and ensure they aren't left unattended.