Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Gas bottle believed to have caused explosion in Onchan

Wed, 03 Aug 2011


It's fortunate there were no injuries when a motorhome exploded in Onchan this afternoon.

The vehicle was parked on Belgravia Road when witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion and seeing the campervan up in flames.

The area by Onchan Pleasure Park was relatively busy at the time.

The blaze was extinguished quickly once fire crews arrived although roads in the area were closed for a time while the scene was cleared and made safe.

People at the scene report it was caused by a gas bottle.

 

Photos

Bookmark and Share