Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Two people rescued from smoke-logged house

Fri, 10 Feb 2012


Two Port Erin residents have had a lucky escape after fire crews had to break into their house early this morning.

Officers were called out just after 6.20am to Bradda Road where two people were trapped in a smoke logged house.

One of the occupants smelt smoke when waking up and raised the alarm.

A female had to be taken to Noble's Hospital after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation whilst the other occupant was treated at the scene.

Crews say the pair were lucky after they had to break into the property and escort them to fresh air.

The smoke was coming from an oil boiler in the lounge.

Officers spent around two and a half hours on the scene.

Bookmark and Share