Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Carbon monoxide reminder from fire crews

Wed, 18 Apr 2012


Fire safety officers are reminding the Manx public of the dangers of carbon monoxide.

Crews were called out in the early hours of yesterday morning to a home in Douglas where the carbon monoxide detector had been triggered.

The alarm was set off by blow back from an oil fired Aga cooker.

The occupant wasn't harmed in the incident.

Oil burners, gas appliances, cookers and fireplaces should all be checked regularly to ensure they don't pose a carbon monoxide poisoning risk.

Officers are urging anyone with carbon burning appliances in their home to ensure they have an alarm fitted.

 

Bookmark and Share