Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat fire in Castletown caused by electrical unit

Fri, 28 Sep 2012


Three fire engines were dispatched last night after an electrical fault caused a fire in a flat in Castletown.

They were called into action at 7.20pm following a 999 call from Malew Street.

On arrival two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus discovered the fire had been caused by the electrical consumer unit.

The supply to it was isolated and the flat, which was smoke logged, was then cleared.

No serious damage was caused and the occupants were not injured after safely vacating the premises. 

 

Bookmark and Share