Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Firefighters mark Gas Safety Week

Mon, 16 Sep 2013


People are being warned of the potentially fatal consequences of using unsafe gas appliances.

Today marks the start of national Gas Safety Week and the Fire and Rescue Service is holding a number of events to help the public with any questions or queries they may have.

Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and even carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two drop in sessions have been organised – at Ramsey Fire Station on Wednesday and Castletown Fire Station on Thursday – for people who want more advice.

Station officer Roger Brown says it’s a very important subject:

Media

  • Roger Brown

Bookmark and Share