Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Woman treated for smoke inhalation after fire

Mon, 24 Feb 2014


A woman from Castletown was treated for smoke inhalation on Saturday after a chip pan fire.

Firefighters were called to a property in Orry Place at around 6.20pm.

The appliance had been left on, and unattended, and had ignited.

The woman had successfully extinguished the flames using a damp cloth - and was treated at the scene with the oxygen therapy unit.

The Fire and Rescue Service says people should get out, stay out and call 999 in the event of a fire and should not try and tackle it themselves.

Bookmark and Share