Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Investigations continue after blind woman dies following house fire

Thu, 10 Apr 2014


Investigations are continuing following the death of a blind woman from Douglas.

Veronica McCard died in intensive care at Noble’s Hospital following a fire at her home on Friday, March 28th.

The 74-year-old who lived alone in Saddlestone suffered extensive second and third degree burns as a result of the suspected accidental blaze.

She was taken to hospital and despite efforts to stabilise her, suffered cardiac arrest and died at 11pm that night.

A post mortem established she died from acute thermal injury and extensive smoke inhalation with burns to her face, neck, body and limbs.

Yesterday the inquest into her death was opened and adjourned at Douglas Courthouse. 

Bookmark and Share