Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Faulty battery charger causes serious house fire

Sat, 14 Feb 2015


People are being urged to take care when charging electrical items after a serious house fire in Onchan.

Firefighters were called to Nursery Avenue at 9.30pm on Wednesday where they found a well-established fire in the rear of the property.

The property owner, and his two children, had safely escaped from the premises and were uninjured.

The fire was traced to a number of lithium battery cells which were being charged in the kitchen.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control - a task made more difficult due to the location of the gas boiler which was in close proximity to the source of the fire.

The kitchen was severely damaged and the rest of the property suffered from smoke damage - you can see pictures of it on our website. 

Bookmark and Share