Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Firefighters deal with burning smell at Noble's hospital

Tue, 21 Apr 2015


Firefighters from Douglas were called into action yesterday after a problem in an IT server room at the hospital.

Two engines from Douglas responded to the incident at Noble's just after 3pm after a burning smell was reported. 

The crews found a faulty battery backup power supply on a network and UPS system had activated the gas suppression system.

The power supply was isolated, the area ventilated and a pressure fan used to clear the corridor of smoke. 

Bookmark and Share