Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Candle warning following Douglas house fire

Mon, 15 Feb 2016


Firefighters were called out to a house fire in Douglas in the early hours of yesterday monring.
 
The occupants on Westmoreland Road were woken by the sounds of their smoke detectors - they left and called 999
 
Crews stayed for over an hour to ensure the fire was put out and the property was safe.
 
The fire is believed to have been caused by candles - people are being reminded to be 'particularly careful' when using candles and tea lights. 
Bookmark and Share