Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Firefighters extinguish fire in Douglas residential home

Mon, 29 Feb 2016


The Fire Service attended a tumble dryer fire at a residential home this weekend.

Employees at Springfield Grange in Douglas called for help when its fire alarm activated on Saturday at 2:30pm and the building was evacuated.

An industrial gas operated appliance started the blaze in a ground floor utility room due to a mechanical failure.

Firefighters attended the scene for 40 minutes - they were able to extinguish it before it spread.

Bookmark and Share