Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flats evacuated after plastic is left on cooker

Mon, 21 Mar 2016


The residents of a block of flats in Douglas had to be evacuated early yesterday morning after toxic fumes filled the building.

Firefighters were called to a property on Rosemount at 1.30am after the occupant of one of the flats raised the alarm.

They'd woken to find their flat full of smoke after a plastic drawer was left on top of the electric hob. 

The plastic had melted giving off the fumes and smoke but was caught before it developed into a fire. 

Bookmark and Share