Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire service warning following small explosion

Sat, 16 Apr 2016


Fire crews are warning residents about the importance of having both smoke and carbon monoxide detectors following a fire this morning.

Crews were called out the Clybane Court in Farmhill at around 7.30am after reports of flames coming from a gas meter.

On arrival they used a spray jet to isolate the flames and a crew weaing breathing apparatus then closed the valve inside the meter box closing the gas supply - then proceeded to ventilate and ensure the safety of the building.

No one was hurt in the incident and the fire service is taking this opportunity to remind any persons with gas or solid fuel appliances in their home to make sure they are regularly serviced.

Bookmark and Share