Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat smoke-logged after oven left on

Thu, 20 Oct 2016


Fire crews were called out in the north of the Island after smoke was seen coming from a flat.

The smoke was spotted on the Lezayre Estate in Ramsey yesterday morning, resulting in officers from Ramsey, Kirk Michael, Laxey and Douglas stations all being called out.

Once in the property, firefighters quickly determined that no-one was in the flat, and that the smoke-logging was as a result of the oven and hob being left on unattended.

The oven was switched off and officers remained at the scene for 20 minutes to make sure the smoke was cleared.

Bookmark and Share