Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat occupant treated for burns after pan fire

Fri, 03 Mar 2017


One person was taken to hospital for burns and another treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a flat in Douglas.

Fire crews were called out following reports of a kitchen fire in a flat above a pub in the town centre shortly before 9am yesterday.

Officers found the fire was caused by a pan of oil being left unattended, resulting in one of the occupants burning their hands trying to remove the pan from the heat.

Crews treated the burns at the scene before transferring the person to Noble's, and spent around 40 minutes at the scene ventilating the property.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed