Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Faulty oven at Shoprite results in call-out for fire crews

Thu, 27 Apr 2017


Fire crews were called to Shoprite in Ramsey this morning after smoke was seen coming from one of the display ovens.

Firefighters from Ramsey and Douglas were called out shortly after 8am, and the store was evacuated.

Crews were able to isolate the faulty oven, which was smoking badly when they arrived, and ensure the fire hadn't spread to surrounding areas.

The teams were on the scene for around 10 minutes, and the shop was able to re-open shortly after.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed