Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire service issues disposable BBQ warning after bin fire

Mon, 10 Jul 2017


Fire crews are urging those who use disposable barbecues to be careful when throwing them away after being called to a bin fire.

Crews from Douglas were called out over the weekend to a bin fire caused by a barbecue being put in the bin while still hot.

Firefighters say such incidents are often seen during spells of good weather.

The fire service warns single use barbecues remain hot for a good while afterwards and need to be thoroughly checked before they can be disposed of safely.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed