Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Faulty cooker causes explosion

Sat, 19 Jun 2010


An explosion at a house in Port St Mary has been blamed on a faulty gas cooker.

Fire crews were at the property on Victoria Road for nearly an hour.

Major damage was caused to the kitchen and lounge areas of the property.

There was only one person within the house at the time of the explosion, they received first aid from paramedics at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.

The message from the fire service is that you should ensure gas appliances are properly installed and regularly serviced by a Gas Safe Registered fitters.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed