Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Washing machine causes flat fire

Thu, 05 Aug 2010


Douglas fire crews were called to a flat on Kensington Road yesterday afternoon.

A fire had started in the basement of the block of flats.

An investigation revealed the fire had started in a washing machine.

Officers say kitchen fires are one of the main causes of fire on the Island, and that washing machines and tumble dryers have the potential to cause fires.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed