Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Man burns arms in chip pan fire

Wed, 08 Sep 2010


A man who tried to put out a chip pan fire burnt his arms and needed to be treated for possible smoke inhalation.

Fire crews were called  to a property in the early hours of this morning after the occupants attempts to put out the blaze failed.

Fire damage was confined to the kitchen but smoke damage had spread to the adjoining rooms.

Officers spent around 90 minutes tackling the fire and clearing the property of smoke.

Fire safety officers recommend never leaving any pans unattended, and to get out the building as soon as possible in the event of a chip pan fire.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed