Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Electrical extension lead caused garage fire

Fri, 18 Mar 2011


Fire crews were scrambled last night after receiving reports a person may have been trapped in a burning building.

 

They were called out to a blaze at a garage in Turnberry Avenue just before midnight.

 

Once fire fighters arrived they were able to establish that the building was empty and that everyone was accounted for.

 

The garage was badly damaged and there was some smoke damage to the lower floor of the house.

 

The incident has prompted a warning over the use electrical extension reels.

 

Fire crews say they should be completely unwound from the reel before being plugged into the mains, to prevent overheating.

 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed