Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Campers will need permits to camp at Sulby

Thu, 31 Mar 2011

If you want to camp at Sulby Claddagh this summer, you'll need a camping permit.


The new system has been brought in after complaints about people who go there to get drunk and cause trouble.


The free passes last for the whole season and allow campers to stay at the Claddagh for a maximum of 14 days.


People will need to show ID and a utility bill when they go to get their permits.


They'll be available from the government's DEFA offices in St Johns.


Minister John Shimmin says people who use the Claddagh will no longer just be able to turn up and pitch a tent for the night..[take cut]



  • John Shimmin MHK

Bookmark and Share