Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Smoke alarm alerted neighbour to kitchen fire

Wed, 04 May 2011


A fire in Cronk y Berry was caused by a hob being turned on accidently when shopping bags were placed on it.

 

Fire crews were called to Cronk y Berry Avenue yesterday afternoon after a neighbour heard the smoke alarm in the property.

 

No occupants were in the house at the time except for a dog, which didn't appear to be harmed by the incident.

 

Officers spent around 45 minutes at the scene.

 

It's believed the damage would have been much worse without a working smoke alarm.

 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed