Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Warning to tenants of flats after serious fire

Thu, 15 Sep 2011


There's a warning to tenants of council flats after a serious fire in Lord Street.

Two occupants are still in hospital after breathing in smoke when the blaze broke out on Tuesday night.

Checks carried out at other flats in the area found that over half of residents have wedged open or disabled self-closing fire doors in their homes.

Douglas Council and the Fire Service say the doors are there to contain fires and stop them spreading.

People are asked to consider the safety of themselves and their neighbours and not prop fire doors open.

The interior of the flat involved has been destroyed but there's no structural damage to the building.

The cause isn't known yet.

 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed