Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat fire in Douglas

Thu, 17 Nov 2011


Fire crews have tackled a blaze at flats in Lord Street in Douglas this morning.

They were called out just after 9 o'clock.

By the time the Fire Service arrived everyone had safely evacuated the flat.

The fire was caused by a grill pan being left unattended and was confined to the kitchen.

It's prompted a warning from emergency services.

Station Officer John Kelly says fires that start in the kitchen are an all too common cause of domestic incidents.

He says it's a good idea to double-check appliances once they've been used.

 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed