Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fan causes bathroom fire in Port Erin

Wed, 21 Dec 2011


There's a reminder to have electrical goods checked regularly by a qualified person after an extractor fan caused a fire in a bathroom in Port Erin.

Fire crews were called to the property in Bay View Road.

The fan had caught fire and fallen onto the carpet below.

After putting the blaze out, officers had to cut away a large part of the ceiling to ensure the fire hadn't spread.

Crews spent around an hour at the scene.

The occupants had escaped without injury.

 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed