Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Resident given oxygen after grill pan fire

Thu, 22 Dec 2011


A Derby Square resident needed treatment for smoke inhalation following a fire at a flat there last night.

Fire crews were called out at around 8.00pm to reports of a kitchen fire.

The flat was heavily smoke logged as a result of an overheated grill pan.

The occupant had escaped unhurt but did need oxygen therapy after breathing in the smoke.

The damage was confined to the cooker, but crews spent around an hour at the scene clearing the smoke.

 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed