Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Three children taken to hospital after kitchen fire

Thu, 16 Aug 2012


Four people were taken to hospital yesterday morning following a kitchen fire in Douglas.

The Fire Service was called to the property in Spring Valley just after midnight to find smoke issuing from the rear of the house.

On entry firefighters discovered a grill pan had been left under the grill causing smoke to fill the ground floor of the property.

One adult was found on the ground floor and three young children were found in a bedroom on the first floor.

All four were taken to Noble's Hospital to be checked over. There has been no further update on their condition.

Members of the public have been reminded not to leave cookers unattended whilst in use as over half of all house fires on the Isle of Man start in the kitchen.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed