Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Firefighters deal with burning smell at Noble's hospital

Tue, 21 Apr 2015


Firefighters from Douglas were called into action yesterday after a problem in an IT server room at the hospital.

Two engines from Douglas responded to the incident at Noble's just after 3pm after a burning smell was reported. 

The crews found a faulty battery backup power supply on a network and UPS system had activated the gas suppression system.

The power supply was isolated, the area ventilated and a pressure fan used to clear the corridor of smoke. 


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed