Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Sailings cancelled ahead of Storm Barbara impact

Fri, 23 Dec 2016

The Steam Packet Company has confirmed this morning's sailing to Heysham will not go ahead due to the weather conditions.

With the effects of Storm Barbara due to hit the Island, the ferry operator announced that the Ben-my-Chree will remain in Douglas.

The decision means the 8.45am crossing to Heysham and the return journey at 2.15pm are cancelled - those booked to travel on those sailings can make alternative arrangements by contacting the Steam Packet's reservations team after 8.30am.

Based on the current forecast, it's expected the 7.45pm sailing to Heysham will go ahead.

Bookmark and Share



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed