Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Wood burning stove causes fire in Port Erin

Wed, 22 Feb 2017

The Island's fire service is reminding those with wood burning stoves not to stack logs near their fireplaces after being called to an incident in Port Erin.

Crews were called to Ballafesson after logs stored next to a wood burning stove caught fire, resulting in heavy smoke-logging.

The fire service says such stoves or boilers must be properly installed, placed on a fire-resistant surface and inspected regularly.

Officers also warn storing combustible materials like logs next to the boiler can increase the risk of a fire.

Bookmark and Share



Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed