Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire crews called to Strand Street shop

Fri, 03 Nov 2017


Fire crews were called to a shop in Douglas this morning after staff smelt burning on the premises.

Officers were dispatched to Strand Street shortly before 9am to tackle a light fitting fire.

Crews used a thermal image camera to find the faulty light unit, which had started to ignite due to a failed component.

Firefighters recommend all electrical appliances and fittings are periodically checked to ensure they don't pose a fire risk.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed