Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Electric meter box fault results in call out for fire service

Tue, 12 Dec 2017


Fire crews are reminding the Manx public of the importance of having working smoke detectors following a fire at a flat in Ramsey this morning.

Officers were dispatched to The Towers on Brookhill Road shortly after 7am when smoke was found coming from an electrical meter box.

All residents of the building were able to evacuate before the team arrived at the scene due to the early warning from the smoke detectors.

Crews spent around 30 minutes at the scene while Manx Utilities isolated the affected circuit and made the electrics safe.

The fire service recommends testing smoke detectors weekly to ensure they're working.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed