Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Occupants treated for smoke inhalation after fire in Douglas

Fri, 15 Dec 2017


The occupants of a house in Douglas needed hospital treatment following a fire.

Fire crews were called to Mountain View shortly after 1.30am yesterday following reports of a structure fire.

Firefighters needed breathing apparatus to put the fire out before venting the property, while paramedics treated the occupants for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital for observation overnight.

The fire was caused by a portable halogen heater which set fire to the living room carpet, resulting in extensive smoke damage throughout the building.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed