Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Candle holder leads to callout for fire service

Mon, 22 Jan 2018


A broken candle holder resulted in a callout for fire crews in Kirk Michael.

Firefighters were called to a property in the village yesterday evening after a large candle holder shattered, spilling wax which then ignited.

Damage was confined to the hearth, while the property suffered slight smoke logging.

As a result of the incident, the fire service is urging those who use candles to ensure they're kept at least four inches apart and are kept in a proper holder to ensure they don't fall over.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed