Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Tumble dryer causes fire at launderette

Fri, 26 Jan 2018


Fire crews were called out in the west of the Island after a tumble dryer caused a fire at a launderette.

A team from Peel was dispatched to the launderette on Peel promenade shortly after 5pm yesterday following a report of smoke coming from the building.

Once at the scene, firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus due to the amount of smoke, and needed a thermal image camera to find the fire.

Crews had to isolate the power before dismantling the tumble dryer to get to the fire at the rear of the drum, spending around an hour at the scene.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed