Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Disposable BBQ causes small fire at Manx beauty spot

Mon, 22 Apr 2019


A disposable barbecue that had not been fully extinguished caused a fire in Maughold yesterday evening.

Crews from Ramsey used an off-road vehicle to reach the fire on Maughold Head at just before 7pm.

The fire involved a small area of gorse and headland.

Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service are urging the public to ensure they use disposable barbecues in safe locations and to make sure they are fully extinguished.


Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed