Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live

Paper shredder cause of fire

Mon, 29 Apr 2019

Firefighters were called out to tackle a fire in a commercial building in St Johns on Saturday morning.

The owner of the property on Station Road had been notified by alarms and found that the building was heavily smoke logged throughout.

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus gained access to a ground floor stockroom identifying a faulty paper shredder as the source of smoke.

The paper shredder was removed from the property and the building was ventilated.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed