Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

People urged to check smoke alarms after spate of fires

Mon, 22 Jul 2019


A woman and baby have been treated for the effects of smoke after a fire in Pulrose.

The blaze broke out after a pan was left unattended on the hob.

The kitchen was badly smoke logged and had to be ventilated by crews.

The woman and child were given oxygen at the scene.

Crews have also dealt with a house fire in Peel where food was left unattended under the grill.

Fire officers are warning to never leave food unattended and to check that all smoke alarms work.

These fires are the latest in a series of kitchen blazes across the Island.

 


 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed