On-Air Now

Candle found to be cause of bedroom fire

Mon, 13 Mar 2023

The importance of closing doors at night was highlighted yesterday after fire crews attended a house fire.

Crews from Rushen were called to a property on Truggan Road in Port St Mary.

They extinguished a fire located in a 1st floor bedroom.
Due to the internal doors being shut, fire and smoke damage was confined to the room of origin, with the remainder of the property left reasonably unscathed.
The cause of the fire was found to be a candle igniting nearby combustible materials.


Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed